This track features a series of thought- provoking and action oriented virtual events focused on creating a zero waste plastics circular economy for Canada.
The track builds on a webinar in November 2020 and a highly interactive workshop in February 2021 on the ‘solution pathways’, and is focused on:
- Linking with the work of the Canada Plastics Pact, including road-mapping work and broader public engagement and awareness building, including considerations for product design, materials circularity, and policies and standards.
- Featuring preeminent experts from business, academia, government, and civil society, coming together in rigorous discussions that break down silos, identify barriers, and focus on outcomes.
Previous Event Recordings
Publications, Blogs & Articles
- Solutions Pathways Workshop for Circular Plastics in Canada. Read the Report (EN)
- Atelier sur les solutions pour les plastiques circulaires au Canada. Lire le rapport (FR)
- Upstream Innovation: a guide to packaging solutions. Read the report
- A Roadmap to Support the Circularity and Recycling of Plastics in Canada – Technical Standards, Regulations and Research. Read the Report
- Breaking the Plastic Wave. Read the Report
- Economic Study of the Canadian Plastic Industry, Markets and Waste. Read the Report
- With COVID-19, the Need for a Circular Economy is Clearer than Ever. Read the blog
- SPI’s Sector Best Practices. Read the Reports
Partners & Sponsors
- Working in collaboration with the Canada Plastics Pact
- Chemistry Industry Association of Canada